Any beauty secrets?

Discussion in 'Other Advice, Opinions and Concerns' started by hachiko0919, Oct 14, 2011.

1. hachiko0919

hachiko0919 New Member

I've been breaking out lately and my skin really looks dull. Do you have any beauty secrets that you want to share? I need help. Thanks in advance!

2. zaerine

zaerine New Member

Try eating more fruits and vegetables to make the skin healthy from within. Also beauty sleep is true so better have enough sleep. I just ensure my skin was kept clean by avoiding touching my face with dirty hands and avoiding pollution. And I just use facial cream that I had been tested not making my skin irritated. Try using natural products/cream.

3. phoenyxstarr

phoenyxstarr New Member

Try not to stress... I know for me, I always break out more when I'm stressed about something. I got a small tube of cream for my daughter that she loves to use when she gets a breakout... I can't remember it exactly but I know it was from Clearasil. I have to get her some more, she's out. LOL

4. sljaws

sljaws New Member

Sounds like you need to use a cleanser made for oily/break-out prone skin. There are several on the market and expensive is not always the best. Avoid caffeine, chocolate and sugar to reduce flare ups. After cleansing, avoid heavy moisturizers. Plus, don't forget to drink plenty of water.

5. hollywoodbabe

hollywoodbabe New Member

How about getting a facial? You could also do one at home. They usually have products for that at drugstores. Are you using a lot of products? Sometimes it's best to just use a gentle cleanser and a moisturizer. I really don't have any skin issues but occasionally will breakout if I touch my face a lot.

6. Terry

Terry New Member

Our skin reveals a great deal about our state of health. Our dietary habits, stress and tension also shows up on the skin in the form of skin breakouts and dull skin. It will also look lifeless and may appear scaly and lacking in moisture.

7. spiderman

spiderman New Member

Avoid smoking and alcohol. Try to sweat out by doing some exercise especially cardio's. Drink milk if you can and eat more fruits. This works for me.

8. episkopos

episkopos New Member

I hear you can add some oats to your bath and soak in for a while. It brightens your skin. You should also drink lots of water and get rest if you are stressed.

9. hatteubanal

hatteubanal New Member

The only beauty secret I have is not really a secret to everyone. That is, sleep at least 6 hours a day. I am not fond of using facial creams or moisturizers. I just make sure that I am well hydrated and I sleep for at least 6 hours a day and I'm good to go. :)

10. Don Quixote

Don Quixote New Member

Sounds like you need some exercise. Get up, go out, work out and sweat. Then have a hot bath. Scrub your skin vigorously. That might put some shine back in it.

11. abc00poonam

abc00poonam New Member

1. Wash your face at least two to three times a day.
    2. Apply fresh, cooled cucumber paste to the skin and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
    3. Aloe vera gel is also an excellent coolant and moisturiser for oily skin.
    4. Use a scrub once in 10 days, depending on the sensitivity of your skin.
    5. Rub your face with ice cubes to close your pores to reduce breakouts. Ice also soothes burnt skin.
    6. You can make herbal sunscreen at home by mixing sesame oil, almond oil and olive oil.

12. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzie New Member

Try drinking more water. It will help cleanse your body, and allow our skin to look vibrant and replenished.

13. nene5

nene5 New Member

I recently started using a natural soap. It's called African black soap. It is not black in color and is made in African, often in Ghana. I ordered some from Amazon. It is made from natural ingredients like plantains. It is said to be good for oily skin and for people of all races. It's inexpensive and seems to be doing well for my skin. Also drink more water. I find my skin looks better when I drink more water.

14. sherrybelle

sherrybelle New Member

Some of my beauty secrets include:

drinking fresh kale juice with lemon and apple. I also take fish oil capsules with it so I get a healthy source of fat with all the other enzymes and
    nutrients. The Usana Healthpak supplements also make a difference for me.

Crystallized ginger is also something I consume. It makes my hair shiny besides improving my overall health.

15. Jkooky

Jkooky New Member

Do u ladies use primers? Do they really work? I've been frequenting some online shops and on this one they have some info abt the beauty products they have available online and how they work, and only then I realised how makeup primers work. I always skip through the beauty product reviews in magazines unless they have awesome shades of lipstick and blusher and stuff, but I only now understand why there are all these additional stuff (bcos i am spending too much time shopping? lol) Didn't like the idea before of putting too many layers on but I hate when I touch up my makeup it looks all cakey. So if a bit of primer helps me fix that, might be worth it. Right now I only use moisturizers, but I want to try this out

16. dorothyperkins

dorothyperkins New Member

Drink lots of water and exercise. My night time beauty regime includes homemade facial scrub (coffee, sugar and lime juice). Wash. Then I put egg white mask on my face. Then, wash again before applying a cold cream. I did my homework for this and it is effective on my face as if I underwent facelift.

17. Kaybee517

Kaybee517 New Member

I'd suggest check your diet first and then take a look at your skin care regimen. Be sure to avoid eating a lot of junk and fast food. Drinking plenty of water does wonders for the whole body including flushing out your body of toxins. How is you skin care regimen? You want to use a facial cleanser, followed by an astringent then moisturize. Do this twice a day - in the morning when you get ready for the day and at night before going to bed. Also, if you are a female, never go to bed wearing any makeup. That will cause breakouts and bacteria.

18. alicebeautex

alicebeautex New Member

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  19. Edwardharper

Edwardharper New Member

drink lots of water

20. Malt1400

Malt1400 New Member

Well beauty has own importance in our life.Lemon juice, milk cream and pinch of turmeric mix well
    apply on your face by massage slowly, leave it for 20 min. and rinse off.
    2. For instant glow lighten apply mashed banana with honey on face.
    3. For dry skin use wheat flour, curd and turmeric, it will keep the skin soft, smooth and
    fair.