Attention

Discussion in 'Relationship Questions' started by Lape123, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Lape123

Lape123 New Member

I'm dating a guy, for few months now. Everything is the beginning was perfect.. He would ask me questions about how I feel, is everything okay. Would say unexpected compliments that made me very happy. When we are together, in public. He treats me like a lady, a princess, a queen.. But suddenly, I noticed, that he gives me less attention.. But when we are together, everything is fine. I already talked to him, he says that I'm taking attention theme to seriously and should just calm down. He appreciates more reality, then the fantazy.. But you know. Things like : good morning, good night text means to me a lot. And he doesn't even says that anymore. Every conversation is started by me, because i don't want to lose him... I'm interested in him.. But he is isn't that interested in me anymore... I want to save the relationship, because he is a good guy.. What should I do?

2. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

My impression is that there is an imbalance of power here. He was "chasing" you, treating you like a princess, got you hooked on him, and now that he has you, he has gotten comfortable and isn't putting in as much effort now. Instead of pushing him to romance you (which is irritating him), let him chase you again. Have your own life outside of your relationship with him. Don't always make yourself available to him. This is still a new relationship, so don't inconvenience yourself to be with him if he is acting like this. Make plans with your girlfriends and don't cancel.

When you show him that you are not needy and you can get fulfilled in other ways than him, that is a turn on for men and will make him work harder to keep your attention. The last thing guys like is a clingy girl!