Best Date Ideas

Discussion in 'Dating Advice' started by LoveAdmin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. LoveAdmin

LoveAdmin Administrator Staff Member

What are your best date ideas and what is it that you like about the date? Do you have good cheap date ideas that are still very romantic? How about other date ideas that might not be cheap but are still great at setting the mood? What were some of your favorite dates that you have been on. We need your dating ideas!

2. nene5

nene5 New Member

Hmm, I have heard about this. The economy is down. I think it's important to be smart. Maybe go out for an art showing (free) or a poetry reading. I think try to keep things casual but fun. Some places run special. For instance going out for coffee at a diner that's not Starbucks could work.

3. Lee11

Lee11 New Member

Some of the dates that stand out in my memory actually had very little money invested in it...as it was at the time that we were students and on strict budgets. Here are a few that stand out:-

1.Packing in some lunch/picnic basket and go to the beach for the day.

2.Go to the park with a blanket and some snacks - like homemade dips and chips etc.

3.Check out some outdoor exhibitions.

4.See what is happening at the local museums, art galleries and planetariums. (they usually have some great shows on!)

5. Go and watch some live music: often you can get up and coming bands or vocalists playing at bars in the evening.

6. Go and watch a sports game, although he may get so into the game that it could be problematic so this is at the bottom of the list. It is fun though and can make you feel closer to that person.

7. Go to outdoor markets and just look around, it is really relaxing just walking around and checking out the goodies - try not to buy too much though. But walking around markets is kind of cool...

8.Go and grab a meal somewhere cost-effective, look into the days that they have specials, or use Groupon or similar schemes.

9. Meet up for drinks during Happy Hour somewhere, may not be too romantic though.

10. A walk in nature or a cycle together. Just being in nature together is super romantic and the cost is only entrance fees if any required. (pack in food if you will be there for quite some time...or know where you can get a decently priced meal).

That's it! Lol. All I could remember at least. Hope something here helps....

4. mommyjoyce

mommyjoyce New Member

Now that I come to think of it, the best dates I had were on nature tripping picnics; something that prompted deeper talks, relaxed laughters while connecting with nature. Walk by the shore, have dinner on a floating resto...nothing fancy. It's much too formal to date in fancy restaurants and be so conscious of formal wear.

There is nothing better than cozy dates; and one where there is much space for movement and breathing.

5. zaerine

zaerine New Member

I still like the old idea of dating on parks than on malls or restaurants.:playful:
    The good view of nature could set good mood for both of you specially if you both enjoy nature. Having a picnic on a very beautiful place could still be a sweet idea too. Date along the beach sounds and looks romantic too.

6. Jenna

Jenna New Member

I'd rather have a nice romantic night in with a homecooked dinner with a good bottle of wine and maybe a movie afterwards then have a guy take me out on an expensive date. Something fun and outdoorsy like a hike would be great every now and then, but not for every date.

7. roxfan003

roxfan003 New Member

If you're wanting to go out, you could find a local park and have a picnic as well as a short little nature walk. You could also take a night to walk around a mall (outdoor malls are best because there are less crowds generally). You just have to be careful because then you could end up spending money you don't want to spend.

If you're wanting to stay in, you could make an entire meal together. Set up candle and soft music and have a romantic dinner. Then either rent a movie from Redbox and watch it together. Everyone once in a while my husband and I like to have a game night together, whether it be board games or video games.

8. sandrahogg

sandrahogg New Member

yes its important to get some Dating Tips for any relationship to move ahead to make good relationship with your partner..For More information read on newsnevents with some othere news

9. jessica23

jessica23 New Member

Money is tight in my relationship. We have very little money to spend on nights out and mini-vacations and luxurious things. As for dates, just to get away from the house we will go star gazing out on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere, have a movie night at the house, or even go sled riding (weather permitting of course). I guess what i'm trying to say is that as long as we get to spend some time together it doesn't matter what we are doing.

10. haopee

haopee New Member

If you both are dog lovers, the dog park is definitely a nice way to start a good conversation. But be wary that some dogs tend to be on the aggressive dominant side, if so, maybe a place outside your home like a porch while sipping some lemonade and enjoying the view might as well be a memorable date. It's always important to emphasize on the conversation because this gives each one more information about the other.

So no matter where it is, may it be an early walk on the beach and breakfast or a night out and coffee in the wee hours of the morning, make sure that part of your date should be attributed to spending time to talk about each other.