Boyfriend hasn’t introduced me to his family

Discussion in 'Relationship Questions' started by ronnie33, Dec 27, 2017.

1. ronnie33

ronnie33 New Member

Okay so my boyfriend and I have known each other for 7 months, and have been official for 4 months. My boyfriend is in the military, and he’s here in Texas and his family lives in Tennessee. His mom and brother came down here for a week, and he hasn’t mentioned me meeting his mom. His mom is aware of me, and knows I’m dating her son. I asked him if he wants me to meet her & his response was “I never really thought about it” like we are serious. And I’ve talked about him meeting my parents... is this something I should be worried about? Also since she’s been here he hasn’t been messaging me. Like he’ll completely ignore me all day.

2. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

Being out of reach while you have company is pretty normal. No one wants to be the person that is on their phone while they have visitors.

I'd talk with him about it. Maybe he's accustomed to not bringing around girlfriends to his family until much further down the road. Maybe his mom is really hard on his girlfriends and he doesn't want you to go through that yet. Maybe meeting the family is something that is too serious for him to deal with at this stage? Only he can tell you what's up