Can you fall in love with someone you haven't met in person yet

Discussion in 'Relationship Questions' started by jess215, Oct 29, 2015.

1. jess215

jess215 New Member

I was just wondering if it's possible to fall in love with someone you haven't met in person yet

2. claudine

claudine New Member

To be honest, I don't think it's possible. If you haven't met this person yet, you only fall in love with your idea of them. It's just a dream, not real love.

3. LoveBugGirl

LoveBugGirl New Member

I think that if you're vulnerable, you will think you're falling in love with them - especially if they are saying all the right things to you. I don't think that the relationship will hold up when you do finally meet up in person, because there's no hiding from anything once that happens.

4. Josie

Josie New Member

Yes, you can. Whether it's based on the whole person or not or whether it's based on lies or not, we form bonds and love whether it's rational or not. And if the other person is legit, all the better.. but it is truly wise to keep an open mind about when you do finally meet. While at a distance, your mind will fill in the blanks on it's own and you'll be falling in love with an incomplete picture.. that's where the above posters are correct. You can definitely fall in love with someone you've never met.. we learn so much more about each other when all we can do is communicate.. but never forget there is more to learn and you may or may not like those things when the time comes.

5. jess215

jess215 New Member

We are very open with each other and tell each other everything and its not just everyday stuff we have deep conversations like he was telling me about his mom who passed away when he was 16 and other personal things that not to many people no we could go for hours in a deep conversation I really don't know how to explain it

6. eve.ashley

eve.ashley Well-Known Member

We don't have to explain everything. Enjoy your wonderful bond.Work on meeting and taking your relationship and bond to the next level. Good luck.

7. jess215

jess215 New Member

Thanks and I'm working on that and we will meet but it might not happen tell new years eve do to a few Heath issues right now witch sucks but I no it will happen and we have talked about it so it will be awesome

8. eve.ashley

Whose health issues? I hope you guys are both OK?

9. jess215

jess215 New Member

He is sick and they are not sure what it is they think it might be an autoimmune disease so they are doing some test it's really sad he is only 24 I cried when he told me

10. eve.ashley

Oh Dear, what sort of autoimmune disease? Lupus? Type 1 Diabetes? Thyroid problems?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  11. jess215

jess215 New Member

Not sure yet waiting for the tests to come back but he lost 37 pounds since October 30th and he is very weak so I'm hoping they have some answers soon so he can get better

12. Palisa

Palisa New Member

It is very much possible. Dating have no limitations now thanks to social networks you can easly fall in love with the person you met online talk to daily exchange pics and video calls falling in love is automatic you do not chose to it happens due to how the other person makes you feel.

13. jess215

jess215 New Member

Yeah that makes sense thank you

14. eve.ashley

Is he urinating frequently? Is he thirsty a lot? Mood swings and tired?

15. jess215

jess215 New Member

He is dehydrated and sleeps a lot and so weak right now

16. Palisa

Palisa New Member

He needs to have a balanced diet and drink a lot of fluid do keep hydrated as possible, wish you all the best

17. eve.ashley

There is no way of telling like this, but that sounds a lot like diabetes. My bf is diabetic, he is 22. Diabetes is a highly manageable condition, and with an insulin pump he can have an active, healthy lifestyle...

Is he in a hospital? He should be in a hospital, American health care is really reckless...

I know you are worried, but he will pull through, and if it is diabetes, once he gets on insulin he will feel much, much better and be healthy again.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  18. jess215

jess215 New Member

Yeah I hope that's all it is

- - - Updated - - -

He was really healthy before he got sick that's what I don't understand

19. jess215

jess215 New Member

He was really healthy before he got sick that's what I don't understand

20. glloomy

glloomy New Member

Yes its possible but it depends on the intensity of how true you are towards that person