Falling in love with my best friend.

Discussion in 'Rules for Love Advice Forum' started by Jen777, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Jen777

Jen777 New Member

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. Im new to this site and really hoping some of you can spare 10 minutes of your time to help me out.
    Basically I met a guy about 6 months ago, at the time we began dating I realised I was not ready for a relationship with anyone at that time as my life was far to complex with personal issues. I told him that I wasn' ready and couldn' fully commit he said he understood but still wanted to remain friends. Within the following 6 months we did everything together, saw each other all the time we were a huge part of each other' life. We even had sex from time to time. A few weeks ago he asked me again if I was willing to commit to him in a relationship he loves me so much. to which I replied no we are just friends. Unbeknown to him I actually did have feelings I just wasn' ready at that time to share it was it he hit me out of nowhere with the question. He was upset and that was the end of it 2 days later i confessed to him that I do actually have feeling and I'm sorry I was confused and yes I want to give things ago. He turned round stating that he doesnt believe me I'm only saying this because I'm scared of losing him and basically that I had hurt him so much that I had now missed me chance and it was too late. I was crushed I did not expect this. How can someone go from loving someone so much in a matter of days?? Since then I have continued to want him he has pulled away from me and within a week stated he had met someone else a 21 year old (he' 35) they are officil and he' really happy with her . I' heartbroken and got upset 4 days ago on the phone when he told me this. He became angry stating that he wants to me friends but it's too late and I have to stop all this upset and arguing. I don't know what to do.?? Is it really hopeless have I missed my chance??? I haven't rang him or text him for 4 days as it' been me making all the contact and effort sure he will speak to me but then I get upset on the call and it' like he has to empathy for my feelings what so ever. I. Trying the no contact rule 4 days in but am I waiting my time??? Hes not even saying that he' realised he fell out of love with me months ago just didn' realise it. What is this behaviour? Thanks guys xxx