Friendzone :/

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by Drew, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew New Member

Hi all,

I'm 26 years old and have been single for 3 years. I've been in 2 serious relationships and one fling. So sometimes I'm still oblivious to when a girl likes me or not.

Anyways, blah blah blah...A few months ago (October) I met a girl in the same city as me through Instagram. She is incredibly beautiful and we share the same hobbies and interests. We chatted on and off for a couple of months and finally met eachother to do a photo shoot of her and her Van (Tiny Home on Wheels) in early December. The meet up went well and we didn't meet again until New Years Eve to go to a concert and take photos of a band. We ended up having a great time and hanging out afterwards. She complimented my hair and grabbed my arm a few times. I can't remember exactly why because I was pretty drunk. She was trying to drive home around 1am but I convinced her to stay at my house because I didn't want her to drink and drive. I mentioned that she'd be safe and I wouldn't try and do anything to her. (Shot myself in the foot!) So before we went to bed we just had good convo and I tucked her in my bed. She let me sleep next to her and for some reason I didn't make a move. She kept all her jewelry and clothes on so I saw it as a sign she wasn't completely comfortable signaling she just wanted to sleep. The next morning we slept in till 11 and then went about our day. I felt a little underwhelmed that morning because I failed to make a move on her. I feel like if I did we might share a different type of relationship. I friend zoned myself and I'm curious if there is a way to show interest in her with out randomly spilling my guts. We still communicate on a weekly basis and she will from time to time contact me first. I want to flirt and see how she responds but it probably is too late. She is still single so I still have a small glimmer of hope. It's really tough to move on from this situation due to the fact that she is single and I am confident she had some interest in me before the night I failed to make a romantic move on her. She has an amazing sense of humor and an awesome outlook on life. But, i have not yet to mention these things and haven't really flirted. I know I should move on but I kind of want to spend quality time with her one day and mention how i feel if the hang out goes well.

There isn't any other girl I want to pursue right now.

I don't know if anyone has ever dated a friend or been in a similar situation and have had success/failure.

Is it worth a shot or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks
    Drew

2. LoveAdmin

LoveAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Sure it's worth a shot. Ask her out again.... do lots of flirting and don't over think the whole thing. Have fun and let things happen naturally