Ghosted, not sure why.

Discussion in 'Online Dating' started by quutamo, Feb 26, 2018.

1. quutamo

quutamo New Member

I found this guy on Instagram a few months ago, and clicked in immediately, he had liked all of my pictures, then sent me a message and that way we started talking, not very often at first, but it seemed like we had the connection and then we dived into it, the messages were long, detailed and we could talk about everything.
    We would usually exchange a few messages every day, but there were days we did not talk at all, or talk all day through. I didn't want to be too flirty as we live a thousand miles apart, but he had mentioned visiting me a few times, didn't really take it seriously either, thought I was cool, also I haven't been bombarding him with messages, he would always text first.
    Last time we talk, the convo was as smooth and easy as always and ended up with me asking an open question, it was really late in the night so I didn't really expect a quick answer.
    It's been 10 days now and he had read the message, he is active on Instagram pretty much all the time, liking my posts as well, especially the selfies, posting on his account etc.
    I didn't message him since, don't want to seem desperate, but I'm just wondering what happened?

Yeah I know we live far apart, I realise that there may be a girlfriend I have no idea about, I just miss talking to him more than I would like to admit. He is such a smart and funny guy, he handles my sarcasm well and has an answer to everything.
    I really don't want to make a fool of myself, sending him a 'what's up' or a question mark after 10 days of silence and however stupid it may seem, I don't want him to know that I took it so hard, but I don't want him to ignore me either.

Is there anything I could do? What do you think about this situation? I cannot find a way to explain this, I did not say anything mean or anything that could scare him off.

I really appreciate your opinions and thank you in advance for taking time to read it and (hopefully) answer.

Kind Regards,