Girlfriend's sister does not approve of us. What do I do?

Discussion in 'Dating Advice' started by arcel28, Dec 28, 2017.

1. arcel28

arcel28 New Member

I have a big problem. My sister’s girlfriend dislikes me and doesn’t see me as a good match for her sister and does not approve of our relationship. My girl values her sister’s opinion, which is why it’s important for me to gain her nod of acceptance. I don’t know what to do with my situation.

To give a bit of a background, I met my girlfriend through LoveMe and we’ve been together for over six months now. I must say she’s a really good catch. She’s beautiful, smart, and really nice. Both her parents died when she was only a teen. Basically, her sister stepped up to be her parent and sister at the same time. However, they grew up together under the care of their grandmother. I think this is why she’s very protective of her.

She says her sister disapproves of us because of our age gap. She’s about six years my junior but we both don’t mind it, honestly. We plan on meeting each other really soon. I’ll visit her and we’ll go see places together.

The only thing holding me back is her sister. If only I can get her to like me before I go see her. What should I do so that her sister would change her mind about us? Is there anything I can say to convince her that my girlfriend and I are a good match?

2. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

Spammer or real deal?

3. drsky

drsky Member

Hello arcel,
    Find out if there is anything cause apart from age barrier, as to why your gals sis doesnt approve.
    And as to what the reasons she thinks that due to this age barrier that a relationship may not go well, and then work on those issues, if there is anything.

If you have to get your gals sis to like you, you have to instill confidence, security that you are a good person and that you are stable, mature, health conscious(perhaps her fear) for this relationsip. Find out what else are her insecurities and fears and work on that aspect.

And basically be sincerely nice to her, talk to her now and then, treat her as a family member, get her thoughtful gifts from the heart to make her think that you care for her and her family. Get to know her better slowly. She may like you.
    And also get on a positive note with other family members so that the others have a positive convincing influence on her.

And most important of all, if you want this girl, try to develop a strong and good relationship with her, a good strong bond, it takes two to tango and it takes time.

============================

And pray to GoD daily(for GOD is love) and help couples and singles seeking love and marriage as much as possible, so that
    positive karma/action will bring love into your life.

wish the best
    Dr Sky