I love her so much, but I'm not physically attracted to her anymore

Discussion in 'Break Up Forum' started by Kswiss, May 2, 2017.

1. Kswiss

Kswiss New Member

I've been dating my one and only girlfriend for 2 years now. I'm 20 and she's 19. I love everything about her, except that I'm not sexually attracted to her anymore and I've found myself passing up the chance to have sex with her when before I wouldn't. We have the same taste in music, same sense of humor, same hobbies , etc, She is completely in love with me and I know it would destroy her if I broke up with her. I'm not attracted to her but I don't want to rip her heart out. I still love her, but I'm not attracted to her. What should I do??

2. Kswiss

Kswiss New Member

Can anyone help me?

3. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

Is this something that has happened recently or is this something that's been coming on for a while? The first part of a relationship is usually fireworks and lots of chemistry. After that has passed, love will usually develop into a more compassionate, less explosive type of love. That's normal. However, there's a difference between having a relationship cool off naturally and not being attracted to that person at all anymore. It's up to you to decipher which applies to you.

Is this just a new phase of a great relationship? Or has this run it's course?

4. Kswiss

Kswiss New Member

It's been coming on for a little while now. Little things that didn't bother me before are now. There's a bunch of things about her that I got over in the length of our relationship but they're starting to resurface. She has no idea I feel this way and I feel like a total jerk. So it's not just my attraction to her, it's other little things like never being able to make a decision for herself. That's bothered me since day 1

5. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

Sorry for the late reply. You're not a jerk for falling out of love. If that were the case, I think pretty much everyone would be a jerk, myself included. That's life for ya. People fall in and out of love all the time, especially when you're young. It doesn't make you a bad person. It does sound like there's other things that are bothering you about her. I know it would be a turn off for me if a guy couldn't make his own decisions either.

It's up to you to decide what to do next. If you're still wanting to pursue the relationship, talk to her and explain to her exactly what is happening that is turning you off of her. If you feel like it's past that point (and you have that right, it doesn't make you a bad person) then it's most fair to break it off with her rather than drag it out. Good luck!

6. Drunk Advice

Drunk Advice New Member

Hey,

Me and my friends are starting to record a weekly advice podcast. If you'd like to email you're question to us we'd love to lend some advice in our comical manor.

thedrunkadvice@gmail.com

Hope all ends up well!

Cheers -

Drunk Advice

7. Kswiss

Kswiss New Member

I'm so torn on what I should do. If I break up with her, it will destroy her. Her 2 past boyfriends were both horrible to her and she tell me every day how lucky she is to be with me and how much she loves me

8. drsky

drsky Member

Hello Kswiss,

If there are bunch of things that are bothering you abt her, see if both of you can work out these things together, may be not all at one time, but try to talk to her and tell her in a nice way that there are certain issues that concern you, and if she would be able to change those.

More things we find at fault when the relationship is waning, the worse it becomes, so try to work them out.

if you are not sexually attracted to her, what is it related to , the way she dresses or acts or her physical self?

And relationships wax and wane for most people, it is not the same all the time.
    If you are having serious issues, to the point of break-up, advise to go for relationship counselling or couples refresher courses or reunions, so that you may kindle the spark again.

And if you really want to be with her, there are more things you like abt her than not, then find a way to work this, give it some try.

======================================

And pray to GOD, For GOD is LOVE and LOVE is GOD, and He can bring in love to you again in your relationship.

And help singles and couples seeking love as much as possible, so that positive karma/action will bring love to you.

Wish you the best,

dr,Sky

9. Sarah Jones

Sarah Jones New Member

Dr.Olodumare, you are indeed a miracle worker. I have tried so many spell casters and psychic after my husband left me and told me to go and see the attorney for the divorce. And Dr.Olodumare was the only spell caster that could guarantee me an urgent 24hours spell casting.. and he assured me that my husband is coming back.. I trusted Dr. Olodumare, and its was more than a dream to see my husband back to my life with lots of apologies and love on the 24th of january 2017, And he was remorseful for all his wrong actions, For sure this is really a miracle temple.
    Orikiolodumarespelltemple@gmail.com

contact him today via email for any relationship advice and ex and wife and husband back to love and be with you for ever contact via email :Orikiolodumarespelltemple@gmail.com

10. Cellardoor

Cellardoor New Member

Hey Kswiss, it seems you are figuring out who you are. Life is so ever changing and so are you. I recently broke up with my bf because I didnt love him...I really tried too since he was a great guy. But you have to one day stop making everyone else happy and mske yourself happy first. It would be selfish to only be giving your gf part of you am I right? It was a really heartbreaking decision for me to end things but I am happier.
    You are so young, live life, enjoy experiences.