I think he likes me but I'm not sure.

Discussion in 'Dating Advice' started by firosiro, Sep 13, 2017.

1. firosiro

firosiro New Member

Veteran Canadian ping pong player Joe Ng lashed out at team officials after he and partner Johnny Huang lost their opening-round game at the Olympic men's doubles championship. Ng, a 32-year-old Toronto optician competing in his third Olympics, and Huang, 33, of Scarborough, Ont., were conquered by Austrians Karl Jindrak and Werner Schlager 21-10, 21-19 in a game that lasted just under 21 minutes.

=> Best Table tenis paddle: Best Ping Pong Paddles Reviews - Top 8 Ping Pong Paddles Of 2018

A visibly agitated Ng walked off the court and into a personal players' place until he returned to describe his frustration. Ng said he and Huang had been advised by their own coaches their game started at 10:30 a.m.. The duo arrived in the World Congress Center warmed up and ready to play, only to learn their match did not start until 12:30 p.m.

Ng and Huang said they'd got up at 7%, had breakfast, went into the warmup gym, and had officials assess the adhesive in their racquets to ensure it met regulations.

[​IMG]

"After we finished we arrived here to the venue and all the women were here enjoying their matches," said Ng, adding it was only then he and Huang discovered their game was not slated to begin until 12:30. "We thought of going back to the athletes village to rest. However, with the transport system here, that has proven unreliable for many athletes, we didn't know if we would have time to go back and then come back in time. So we waited around here for just two hours. It was a problem because when you are warmed up, you don't want to wait around for 2 hours."

Ng and Huang had conquered their Austrian competitions two weeks back at the U.S. Open. Ng said it was unnerving to have to wait while their opponents "were sleeping in." National coach Michel Gadal of Ottawa could not be reached for comment, but Canadian ping pong team leader Mariann Domonkos surrendered there had been a communication issue.

"There's been a misunderstanding with them thinking their match was 10:30, since they had been advised it was 12:30," Domonkos explained. "They assumed it was 10:30 since the women were enjoying at 10:30." Domonkos said the ping pong schedule was revamped by Olympic organizers three occasions because the first draw was created on July 18.

"It's been a issue. The program they issued July 18 was incorrect. Then it had been done again a few days after. It was wrong. Eventually, Monday another schedule was made accessible. Everyone was told that this is the perfect one."

=> Best ping pong table: Best Ping Pong Tables Reviews - Top 8 Ping Pong Tables 2018

A copy of yesterday's ping pong program was available in the Olympic computer program on Monday. Around the bottom the word "adjusted" had been stamped in bold letters. "I don't really want to get into this situation because they [Ng and Huang] are a lot at fault. They're adults," Domonkos explained. "You don't want to start saying 'You did this, you did this.' "

Asked if he was aware if any other men's doubles teams had been perplexed by the program, Huang said: "No, they've a staff supervisor, they have a practice partner. We must locate our own practice partners. We don't understand our schedule. So today, we need to do everything ourselves."

Asked if the snafu was a element in their loss to Austria, '' Ng explained: "It's hard to say. We still played our best. They played well today. I don't want to take away anything from them. I believe we'll only have to do everything to make sure [of this] schedule"

[​IMG]

Canada's women's doubles team of Lijuan Geng and Barbara Chiu also lost their first-round match yesterday, decreasing 21-17, 21-12 to France's Emmanuelle Coubat and Xiao Wang-Crechou. The reduction does not augur well for the Canadian women's hopes of progressing beyond the three-match preliminary around.
    Geng, 33, of Ottawa, and Chiu, 32, of Vancouver, both emigrated to Canada in 1988 from China, and have a tough draw. Tonight, their opponents are the No. 1-ranked duo, 1992 Olympic champions Yaping Deng and Hong Qiao of China who had a bye yesterday.

Geng and Chiu took a 9-6 lead in their first game yesterday ahead of the Frenchwomen won four consecutive points to even the score at 10. The Canadian girls went ahead again, 16-12, prior to the French rallied to shoot a one-point lead. In 19-17, the French capitalized on two Canadian mistakes to win the match.
    "We did not play our great game," said Geng, that, like Chiu, began playing table tennis at age eight in China and attended a state-run sports school there. "In the first game, I made mistakes. At the next group, my partner played not so great. We'll have to try really hard to think about why we dropped. Our next game, essentially, will be harder than best ping pong table."

Geng, ranked No. 6 in the world in women's singles behind five Chinese ladies, will play her first singles match today.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018