Is there any chance of my ex ever coming back?

Discussion in 'Break Up Forum' started by jennayy, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jennayy

jennayy New Member

Hi everyone. I am in need of some advice. I will try to make this as a short as possible.
    My ex ended our relationship of a year and four months on March 1st. Reasons were because we were fighting a lot recently and he felt abused in the relationship. I admit that my behavior was abusive at times and I treated him like a punching bag. These problems were present in the relationship before and I said I would change, however, lets say I took him for granted. Regardless, I am aware of what I need to change. He said he had already given me so many chances. I was foolish and begged him and called him. I wrote him a letter and when he read it he sent me a text message saying that he wanted me to let him go, that he was trying to move on, and that he meant it when he broke up with me, and that was the last message he was ever going to send me. I love this guy and I know what I had now. I have started counseling to help me improve my attitude. I understand he is hurt but I really am trying to change. Is there any chance at all he may want to try again? I am hoping that a little space will help us both. Thoughts? Comments? What would you do if you were my shoes or his?

2. sprantil

sprantil New Member

Well, I'm sorry to tell you but you can't make someone want you back. I know it's hard to go through a breakup. I'm going through one myself at the moment. But trust me, contacting him and begging him to take you back is only going to push him away further and further. If you are still currently contacting him: STOP immediately!!!! This will do nothing but annoy him.

My advice is to end all communication with him ASAP. This means: no phone calls, no texts, no Facebook posts, emails, etc. Don't even contact his friends because do you really think his friends are not going to tell his ex??? Think again. Guys gossip a lot more than girls do. after a month has past, and both you and your ex have calmed down. Give him a buzz something like hey what sup. Sound happy and chipper on the phone. If things lead to rekindling your relationship then great, if not, i'm sorry but you have to move on. If it's not meant to be then it's not meant to be.

A month of no contact will give you a chance to concentrate on yourself and just have fun with your life, enjoy yourself. During the month, your ex might be reflecting on the relationship as well. But don't get your hopes up. Look at his month of no contact as a tool to help you and not a chance to repair your relationship. If you stress too much on your relationship and how to fix it, you'll only end up hurting yourself because there is no guarantee that your ex will take you back. It's a 50/50 chance. In the mean time, go out, have fun, hangout with your friends, find some hobbies, and just enjoy yourself, life is too short.

And personally, what helps me through breakups in a positive way is something that my mother once told me: Every breakup, no matter how bad, hurtful, or messy it is, it's only on step closer to finding the right one.

Good luck to you sweetie and hang in there. :)

3. jennayy

jennayy New Member

Thanks for the advice! No need to worry, I have stopped contacting him since he told me to let him go about two weeks ago. The last message I sent him said that he promised me that we would speak again someday and I would be waiting for him to be ready. I feel much better and the anxiety I was feeling when we first broke up isn't as bad anymore. It's up to him if he ever wants to speak to me again. I did everything in my power.

4. sprantil

sprantil New Member

See, that's the right attitude!!! Good luck to you :)