Need advice on my partner not being sexually active

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by angels, Jan 19, 2016.

1. angels

angels New Member

My partner and I have been together 1 year this coming Valentines Day an things have been great; he treats me extremely well and meets my standards, never been this happy, the first 7 - 8 months of the relationship we would have sex 2 - 3 times a week (which I was very happy with); now I don't know if I should be a bit jealous to somewhat degree but the last 3 - 4 months his sex drive hasn't been the same an only had sex 4 times at different occasions; at the moment I've been staying with my father a couple days a week in another town (which is 1/2 hour away) an then stay with my partner the other days of the week; at different times when I come back to my partners place I caught a used condom next to the bed, left it there until he came home an didn't say a word, when he came home he secretly put it in the bin whilst I was sitting in the lounge room an didn't say a word, so I let it go; an almost every time when I'm in the mood he's excuses are either too tired or tomorrow or will give it to you over the weekend (which doesn't happen), I let it go an just given up in asking him an my depession kicks in a bit an be a tad distant from him (I do suffer from depression, post-traumatic stress an anxiety from an assault an robbery in 2010); he does have a few female friends which he has told me about that he doesn't have any sexual attraction too an wouldn't cheat on me but I don't know if he's been doing anything behind my back or not as I was in a verbally abusive relationship for 7 years an don't know if my partner has lost sexual interests in me ..

Hope this makes all sense everyone as I tried to make it clear as possible

2. Rob1

Rob1 New Member

your first mistake was playing dumb about the condom.

why didn't you say anything?

3. angels

angels New Member

I initially thought he would say something about it and would see if he slipped up an do it again and hasn't, just waiting for the right moment to bring it up

4. eve.ashley

eve.ashley Well-Known Member

Ask him about the condom. It does look as if he is cheating, so address that elephant before it's bigger than your room and you choke. Simple confront him with avoiding sex with you and the condom.

5. brownie

brownie New Member

I think you guys need to talk let him know you saw the condom and how your feeling about the changes in your relationship. If you stay quiet you will just get more depressed or worse you might start to get resentful. Talk and take it from there. Good luck