Seeing my dead relative??!!?!?!!

Discussion in 'Family Issues' started by Kara, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Kara

Kara New Member

I think I'm going crazy!!

A family member of mine passed away almost a year ago and I keep seeing him! There have been a few times when I've seen him walking in the street, and when I've looked again it's either somebody else or there's no one there at all. I don't know what's going on. I can't even describe how much it's messing with my head.

I remember it happening a couple of times just after it had happened but I don't understand why it has suddenly started happening to me again. Every time it happens it seems to hurt even more than the time before.

I don't know what to do :-(

2. Rosyrain

Rosyrain New Member

I don't think it is crazy at all and it can happen when your mind has not fully accepted that the person is gone. Was it a sudden death? Things like this especially happen when we do not expect the person to die and it is confusing to our brains to comprehend that we will never see that person again.

3. Mike78tan

Mike78tan New Member

Maybe you see him because you cannot accept that he is dead, or maybe you see his ghost, if you believe in them. Maybe he is watching over you.

4. aphil

aphil New Member

The mind tends to see what it wants to see, or what it believes. You may really still miss him and long to see him. When it happens, do not be afraid, just see it as a result of your heart's desire. I can imagine, when you realize he is no longer there, it is disappointing as well as strange. Just breathe and work to accept the reality that he is physically gone, but always know his spirit is still with you in feeling and memory.

5. eve.ashley

eve.ashley Well-Known Member

you need to see a doctor. they need to do cat scan or magnetic resonance or something like that.it could be physiological.

6. Trellum

Trellum New Member

If you had never experienced this kind of visual disturbances before, then I guess it's very safe to assume this is caused by your mind being in denial about the death of your relative. I think it's quite normal, but if it continues for longer, I really advice you to consult a doctor. It could be a neurological issue.

7. Lushlala

Lushlala New Member

It sounds to me like his passing really did a number on you, it affected you a whole lot more than you thought! The mind is a very powerful tool that can play some mean games on us. So my take on the situation is that you're healing, still getting over your loss and need some support. In this instance, I'd suggest you seek medical attention, and if possible, get some counselling.

8. claudine

claudine New Member

I think you miss that person very much and this is why you see him everywhere. Give yourself some time, spend time with people you love. I lost a family member too, so I know what it feels like.

9. Dovey

Dovey New Member

It is possible for one to have images of a departed loved one. I did too after my favorite uncle passed on. I think it is a way for the mind to rationalise the death in a way. Don't worry, it will pass with time. But try to remind yourself of the fact that he is gone each time this happens. Sorry for your woes.

10. morgoodie

morgoodie New Member

I do not think you are crazy because you see your dead relative. If you were very close to them then it stands to reason that your mind would still want to see him. Maybe it is your minds way of denying the fact that they have passed on. Your relative could be looking out for you and so you see them where they should not be. It is hard to say but just look to it as something comforting and that they are watching out for you in a way. I am sure it will pass and you will be fine. Sorry about your loss and I wish you the best of luck.