Should I ask?

Discussion in 'Relationship Questions' started by Jordan_19, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Jordan_19

Jordan_19 New Member

I was hanging out with my best friend and his girlfriend one evening and the girlfriend decided to bring a good friend of hers.

This was about a year ago and since then we've become really good friends. We've talked A LOT and even gotten through a few things together. So we already have a strong friendly relationship at the moment.

Now I've reached a point in which I'm overly attracted and deeply in love with her. I want to ask, I really do but I don't want to not be friends with her. I'm afraid to ask, I don't know.

We have had conversation's on love interests and things we like in a relationship and they went really well and we have similar desires in a relationship, but these talks were never about it ever being us. And in the last few months she's gotten particularly handsy and playful and I can't tell of it's actual flirtatious behaviour or just being really friendly.

So here lies my dilemma, should I ask her? And if so, how? Thank you for your time and assistance is greatly appreciated.

2. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

I have always felt that once you realize that a friendship has turned into strong romantic attachment, it's already been compromised. I would absolutely ask her out. I wouldn't flat out say "Guess what I'm deeply in love with you!" just start small and let her warm up to the idea (if she's not already there too, and waiting for you to make the move) Ask her to go for a walk and hold her hand, put your arm around her while you watch a movie you both want to see, etc. Gauge her response. If she's not into you, she'll pull away or duck out. If she is, then you're golden.