What should I do

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by carguy93, Apr 4, 2017.

1. carguy93

carguy93 New Member

I'm new and I would like to hear some suggestions. I am a younger guy, in my early 20's. I have this huge crush on my mother's friend, she is in her late 40's, from work. They know eachother well, and they are nice to eachother.

Anyways, like I say I have this huge crush on this older woman. I would like to know how I can go about moving past my established relationship with her as just being friends. I want to take it slowly and do it right. Our friendship is due in part because of the fact that I take care of her car for her.

I can, and have carried meaningful conversations with her. They have gotten to some flirtatious points, at times. We get along well. Even her dog loves me.

She has 3 kids and is divorced. She considers herself single. She has dated younger guys before. So it seems she has no problem with the idea, but I would love to have that same chance with her. I would like to subtly work on the idea of a relationship.

2. Sri

Sri New Member

Hi @carguy93

Thanks for your post.

I guess the first thing here is that - do you just have a crush on her and are wanting to have a bit of a fling with her? Or are you looking to actually be in a relationship with her?
    I know you have said already in this message that you want to subtly work on the idea of a relationship but I want you to really think about this one hard. Why?

Getting into a relationship with an older person is a challenge in itself but to add to that, the complication of kids will further bring about other challenges for you - not to mention the kids themselves.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't do this - all i'm suggesting is you have a good think about this and ensure that you are completely ready for the entire package that comes your way if this was to go ahead.

Does this make sense?

Thanks
    Sri

3. carguy93

carguy93 New Member

At this point. I am looking to flirt and have fun with and I just have a take on it that I'll see what happens.

You ask why I would want to try. She is very attractive and she has her own life. I just love talking with her. She has a great personality and is very friendly.

Her kids are all grown and they do not live with her. I agree that rushing this is ill advised. That is why I would like to work on friendship first and be reserved about it.

4. Unnaturalthings

Unnaturalthings Active Member

I think most people would shy away from a relationship with their friend's children, even if the child is now an adult. Anything can happen, however I would keep that in mind

5. Vinod Kumar

Vinod Kumar New Member

Looking for answer

6. Dwayne Smith

Dwayne Smith New Member